Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Orange County Public Libraries
On the way home today, I stopped by one of the Orange County Public Libraries and learned a few things about how they work (and that the books I most wanted weren't in any of them). Then, I noticed the time and rushed home without getting anything (not even a library card), since I realized I was already late to our meeting with the contractor doing our master bath. I should have known better than to try to squeeze in a visit to a new fun book location. I can't get in and out of a Borders that quickly...

Anyway, when I got home, I checked out the Orange County Public Libraries website. I'm in book heaven right now. I can look up everything that I can look up at the library online at home. Yippee!! Definitely going to be spending a bit less money on books. Also, I found out that there is a library even closer to work (still on my way home) that has most of the books I'm interested in! And, the best part is that once I get a library card and can have a pin number, etc. you can even renew your books online! This is so cool. It's like I found book nerd heaven.

The last time I went to a library for a book that I wanted to read was in high school sometime. It was very convenient (right across the street from my high school), and it's one of those places I knew from the time we moved to Upper St. Clair. But, I hadn't been to one since then for anything other than required reading materials in college and that's so wrong.

Although I still definitely love BookCrossing, and will still use it from time to time, I am very happy to have found a way to read so many of the books that I want to read, but don't need to own. If I decide I want to own them later, I can always buy them then.

I'm so excited! After I read the book I'll start tomorrow, I definitely have to check out the closest library to me!

Labels: , ,


Posted by Kat @ 8:51 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| The Oscars | Sasha Cohen on Ellen | Go KINGS Go! | Now that the Olympics are over | For other Rent musical/movie geeks | Another reason to love that man... | Rent DVD!!! | So sleepy... | Dude (& Dudette) Weekend 2006 | Nohari Window |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com