Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rent DVD!!!


I'm sure most of you who know me are surprised that I didn't write about the Rent DVD release on Tuesday (or even on Monday), but with the Olympics, the lack of enough Tivo space (since we didn't upgrade this Tivo - why bother when the HDTV DVR Direct TV system we want should be released fairly soon?), two shows (Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays on Wednesday and Aerosmith & Lenny Kravitz concert on Frida), I actually didn't have time to watch anything on the Rent DVD set (see Amazon.com's Rent DVD page for more details) till this weekend. Yes, I'm okay. I don't need to be rushed to the hospital or anything, but now that things are calming down some I am SOOO happy to finally have Rent on DVD! The commentary was great, even though it was only Chris Columbus, Adam Pascal, and Anthony Rapp. If you had to pick only two stars to be in the commentary, those playing Roger and Mark were the ones to pick. Chris explained that the one line with the bum on the street ("Who the f* do you...") was changed due to the MPAA and that one seemed to bother him the most. Amazing that they can get away with so much, but they couldn't say the f word a few times and keep the PG-13 rating. Since Chris, and many others, felt it was important that teenagers be able to see this movie, he cut it.

Chris tried to explain why he took out April's suicide, though I still don't think that was necessary or understand the decision. Not that it made a huge impact on the film one way or another, but I guess that's the thing... lol

I can't wait to watch all the other extras. I'll finally get to see the Goodbye Love and Halloween scenes that were cut! Halloween is one of my favorite songs, so I'm glad that they shot it and included it on the DVD.

The Aerosmith & Lenny Kravitz concert was great. I was surprised to see that Steven Tyler had cut his hair. It's still not short, but it's shoulder length now. Initially, it was a bit of a shock, but once that wore off, I realized that I like his hair even more now! The highlights are perfect and the length works very well for him!

I'm still on Saturday's Olympics and with a show tonight, I don't see getting caught up till tomorrow or Tuesday, but hey, they last longer for me, right?

Tom will be very happy to find out that David set up our PS2 today. We even played a couple games with our new Logitech wireless controllers. Tom, you totally need these! We asked the guy in the one shop we visited which ones he'd recommend and he said "The ones I have" and handed me one of the Logitech controllers. As soon as I saw the Logitech name on it, I smiled and thought that clearly there was no arguing with that. I've been happy with every Logitech product I've owned. I didn't realize they made wireless game controllers, but it totally makes sense.

I also got Kingdom Hearts because of Holz's recommendation. Heck, for someone as into Disney as I'd been, it made a lot of sense. Plus, the new game is coming out soon, so if I like it, when I finish this one I can get Kingdom Hearts II. :-) Still not sure if I'll get the Peach or Mario game when it comes out for the NDS, but Tom should be happy that he's managed to get me interested in games again, which hasn't happened since my sister had her Gameboy years ago (and even then I just played the games she had, pretty much). I like the Frogger game for the NDS and I'm still having fun with Nintendogs. :-)

Well, time to get ready to leave for Bombay Dreams tonight at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 5:12 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| So sleepy... | Dude (& Dudette) Weekend 2006 | Nohari Window | Johari Window | Happy Valentine's Day! | TV shows when Olympics are on... | LA Kings & Olympics | 2006 Winter Olympics | Winter Olympics start tonight! | GO STEELERS! |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com