Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Sunday, February 12, 2006

LA Kings & Olympics
To our surprise, the LA Kings actually won their last two games before the Olympic break. We were worried after the second period against the Dallas Stars yesterday, but man did our team come back with a vengence (and energy we hadn't seen in months) in the third! They scored 3 goals in less than 2 1/2 minutes from the start of the third period. It was absolutely amazing! I hope that this lift before the Olympic break can allow them to go into the break pumped and come back even more excited about the potential our team has this year. I want us to do well in the playoffs this year and I think we can do it - we just need to play with the energy we showed in the last period all the time and we're set!



As far as the Olympics news go, I was very sad to hear that Michelle Kwan had to drop out of the Olympics this year, but I'm happy that she did the right thing and that she dropped out early enough for Emily Hughes to have time to really practice and get used to the rink in Torino and do well for the US Team! I know it was hard for Michelle Kwan to back out (and it was hard to watch her do so), but it was clear that she wasn't 100% and in that case she had no chance for gold, the only Olympic medal she doesn't have. I think she did the right thing and I'm really impressed by her not even taking the NBC position, since it would take the spotlight away from the skaters in the competition. What a classy move! I have to admit that I'm a bit bummed about that decision. I would have loved to have heard her commenting. However, she's right. A lot of media attention would stay focused on her. Also, I'm sure it would be even more heartbreaking to watch her fellow Olympians compete if she had to comment on it and be bright and happy all the time.

I still would love to see her in 2010 and you never know what will happen. Apparently, Michelle Kwan originally calculated her Olympic hopes to include the 2010 Olympics, so perhaps we will see her skate again for Olympic gold. Until then, I wish her well and congratulate her on all her success!

I was happy to see the US women's hockey team achieve their second shutout of the Olympics. They're now 2-0 and apparently have an amazing record against every world team out there other than the Canadians. It seems pretty clear that it will be the US and Canada in the women's gold medal match, but it's early and you never really know what will happen. I wish the US the best of luck, since it's the one hockey team I can cheer for without worrying about players I know and love competing against them on the other teams. That's the only problem with the NHL players being allowed to play. Some of my favorite players are playing for Russia (like Alexander Frolov) and other teams, which makes it a bit more difficult to cheer for the US exclusively.

I hope you're all enjoying the Olympic coverage! It's a good thing there's something to keep me busy now that hockey is on a break until the end of the month!

I'm also really looking forward to our trip to Vegas this weekend! It'll be great to see our friends and have fun hanging out with them!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 10:35 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| 2006 Winter Olympics | Winter Olympics start tonight! | GO STEELERS! | New theatre, movie, etc. review blog | MyHeritage.com | Happy New Year! | August already? | Serious Warning | What a weekend! | First Rent Preview I Saw in Theatres |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com