Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Sunday, February 05, 2006

GO STEELERS!

GO STEELERS!!! Super Bowl XL champs!!

Since my immediate family is based in Pittsburgh and even my Mom (normally an Eagles fan) has the Steelers as her second team, I cared about the game this year as much as the commercials. Very rare for me. Last year, we went to a play the day of the Superbowl and came home to watch the commercials on Tivo, fast forwarding through the game.

This year, we started the game about a half hour late (we went to a movie before that - by the way, I highly recommend Match Point) and caught up to real time during the halftime show (which didn't interest either of us).

What a game. I'm really happy for Lisa, Dad, Mom, and everyone else I know who has loved the Steelers for years. Lisa has been a fan for years (not since she was born as she tells it now, but since late high school or the beginning of college, which is still quite a while) and the last time the Steelers had won a Superbowl was before she was born. I'm sure they're all partying heavily tonight. Good for them!

Glad that Lisa's favorite player managed to have the longest touchdown run from scrimmage of Super Bowl history. Very cool!

David and I both wore Steelers shirts today, though I admitted that I'm not a huge fan (we all know how much I hate band wagon fans, but I thought wearing shirts in support of a team was okay as long as I was honest about it).

In other news, David and I FINALLY figured out exactly who we're using to re-do our master bathroom! We've been looking almost since we moved in, though we pushed off the search when it got close to the wedding, since the wedding and David's company's new office building were taking up all of our time.

The current projects being worked on are the built-in bookcase/re-done fireplace in the family room, the master bathroom, the window in the master closet, and California Closets re-doing our master closet. Very exciting to be getting a lot done now. We've picked out just about everything for our built-in bookcases and they're already being made. We'll sign with the contractor for our master bath by the end of the week (just waiting for the updated quote).

All this and the Olympics start in less than a week - yippee!

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 8:09 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| New theatre, movie, etc. review blog | MyHeritage.com | Happy New Year! | August already? | Serious Warning | What a weekend! | First Rent Preview I Saw in Theatres | Long Time, No Post | In Escrow - again | What a month! |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com