Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Sunday, September 23, 2007

Best Frozen Fury Weekend
This weekend was Frozen Fury X at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Frozen Fury is a pre-season game the Kings host in Vegas, almost always against the Colorado Avalanche. It's a lot of fun to hang out with hockey friends and have an excuse to go to Vegas. (Of course, since Melissa & Tom moved to Vegas, I always have a reason to go there...)

I haven't been to all ten of the Frozen Fury games (I haven't been a Kings fan that long), but this was definitely the most exciting game I can remember seeing in Vegas. It was really interesting and a lot of fun. I'm glad that this was the game I was able to convince my dad and his girlfriend to attend. They got to see a great game that ended in a shootout. Normally, I think shootouts in general are silly and that pre-season shootouts are really ridiculous, but for Frozen Fury, I think it's important for the fans to have a clear winner and it was a great way to end the game.

I got to see the most adorable baby ever (see Melissa's page for a picture, though I swear TC is even cuter now) and hang out with him two days in a row. Holding TC and playing with him really took the sting out of watching Penn State lose with TC, his daddy Tom, my dad, & my dad's girlfriend, Corinne. Somehow, when you're playing with a cute baby everything is okay with the world.

The Kings also did their part by winning the Frozen Fury game. I didn't run into as many people I know who are Kings fans as I normally do during the course of the weekend, but I wonder if some of them might have missed it, since they're going to London for the start of the season and couldn't be away two weekends in a row, or are already enjoying Europe.

The poor Kings were actually leaving around 4:30 the morning after Frozen Fury. I hope they just stayed up, which is easy to do in Vegas. I don't know about them, but there's no way I could get up that early. Staying up that late in Vegas is easy, though. I was up until about that time Friday night and a little after 3 Saturday night. :-)

It was great to see everyone and enjoy exciting hockey in Vegas. Lots of fun! I wish it didn't have to end so soon. I definitely didn't want to leave today.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 10:25 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| Spring Awakening | Shows, Travel, Etc. | Life is Good! | My Celebrity Look-Alikes | Ducks win the Stanley Cup | Stanley Cup Finals Game 1 | NHL Playoff Fun | The Light in the Piazza | What a Week... | Life is Good! |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com