Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Light in the Piazza
I got to see The Light in the Piazza again at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.  I definitely recommend seeing it if you can manage to catch it before the tour ends.  The Light in the Piazza tour site has information on the remaining citites.  I'm sure it'll tour again in a few years, if you miss this one, though, but then you'll probably miss David Burnham as Fabrizio and you want to catch him if you can, he's amazing.  The rest of the cast is wonderful, but he really stood out.

Before the show, the lady next to me explained that her friends had told her not to bother seeing The Light in the Piazza.  I told her I'd seen it a week and a half ago and had come back to see it (with a slightly better seat than my normal seat - I got lucky ), since I enjoyed it so much.  The music is beautiful and it's romantic.  I explained that perhaps her friends, like my husband, were put off by the Italian.  After the first act, she said that she thought there was too much Italian, but the music was beautiful.  By the end of the show, she told me she understood why I had come back to see the show again.   She also asked, since I'd mentioned David Burnham's CD earlier, if she should really get his CD, and I said definitely.  She was surprised that she hadn't seen him in anything before, but I mentioned that I'm sure we'll see him a lot in the future.  It's clear that with his voice, personality, and look he can accomplish almost anything he wants to in music and theatre.

It was great to see the show again.  I fully enjoyed seeing it again.

My migraine isn't in full swing yet, and I'm happy about that, but I am flushed and worried that it might be coming.  Here's hoping I get lucky today.  Perhaps if I manage to cool myself down early enough with ice packs I can keep it at bay...

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there...

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 7:14 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| What a Week... | Life is Good! | Round 2 Begins | What a Night | NHL Playoffs Start Tonight! | Latest Updates | Life is Good! | Grease: You're the One that I Want | December Already? | Happy Thanksgiving! |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com