Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Thursday, August 30, 2007

Shows, Travel, Etc.
This past weekend was very busy with concerts. I highly recommend Josh Groban and David Burnham in concert! They were both wonderful. I didn't know too much of Josh Groban's music before the concert, but I really enjoyed it. I think I'll have to get a couple of his CD's. Surprisingly, David Burnham sang quite a few songs I had never heard before and they were all wonderful. I hope he puts them on his next CD (and that I don't have to wait TOO long for that). He has a great way with an audience and it was great to see him again before and after the show, too. Such a sweetheart!

September is going to be a very busy month. The first weekend, I'm visiting family in San Diego - it'll be nice to enjoy the long weekend down there. I love San Diego and it's always great to hang out with family. I'm sure I'll see a couple movies, too. Perhaps I'll finally get to see The Bourne Ultimatum. I've wanted to see it since it came out, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The following Thursday night, I leave for PA, then NYC. It'll be great to see more friends and family, the Penn State/Notre Dame game, Grease, Spring Awakening, Rent (yes, when Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp extended I got a great ticket to see it Saturday night, September 15 - the last show I'll see this year in New York - I can't wait to see them again). With the Ticketmaster fees being so annoyingly outrageous, I've decided to only pre-purchase one Rent ticket for this trip, but if I can pick up a ticket for another show when I'm there, I'll probably see it again. I love Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp so much and I may never get this chance again. Hopefully, there won't be problems with the microphones this time. That was the only thing keeping the last time I saw Rent from being completely perfect.

The next to last weekend of September, I'll be in Las Vegas for Frozen Fury (Kings/Avalanche pre-season game). I'm glad my father and his girlfriend will be able to make it this year - especially since David won't be going with me. I know I won't be with them during the game, but it'll be great to do dinner with them on Friday and spend time with them Saturday and Sunday.

College football has started! It's good to have another sport! The Yankees are doing better (they're in the wild card spot now - yippee!), but I'm still really looking forward to having more sports. The summer doesn't have enough. Getting to see Penn State's second game will be great, too. I haven't been back to State College in years. It'll be great to see Beaver Stadium, go to the Creamery, Ye Old College Diner, see what's changed on campus and downtown, etc. I'm glad I'll get to hang out there with Lisa, too. My sister and I have never hung out there since she's been able to drink, so we should have a great time, in spite of the time of the game and the fact that I'll have to drive to Williamsport that night (I didn't get my hotel reservation early enough).

Very busy month. I hope I'll be able to get up early enough to enjoy the first two Kings games of the season - with them both taking place at 9 a.m. on my only non-travel weekend in September, it might be tough.

Hockey season is coming - I can't wait!

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 10:28 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| Life is Good! | My Celebrity Look-Alikes | Ducks win the Stanley Cup | Stanley Cup Finals Game 1 | NHL Playoff Fun | The Light in the Piazza | What a Week... | Life is Good! | Round 2 Begins | What a Night |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com