Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bummed about that game...
Man, how depressing it was to watch the Oilers tonight after Carolina scored their second goal. It seemed after the second (or was it the third?) goal against them all the fight left them and they just stopped trying. It was so sad to see and I'm not even an Oilers fan. I really feel for the Oilers fans out there. It's so sad to see a team doing that.

Going into the series, I thought the Oilers would win in 7. I'm still hoping they can do that, but as history has shown, goalies are the key to the Stanley Cup playoffs and the finals make that even more critical. To lose Roloson like they did at the end of game one was a horrible blow. I thought they'd come back and win today at least because they'd be upset about losing him and need to show him they could still do well...

Apparently, that wasn't meant to be. I'll tell you, though... They had some shots that really looked like they were going to be goals. Ward made some amazing saves for Carolina. Add that to all the penalty minutes for Edmonton and the outcome isn't that surprising, in spite of the shots on goal being almost even.

OLN showed one more time how pathetic they are at showing hockey games. When the 4th goal was scored, I saw it and thought that was the last nail in Edmonton's coffin for the night. Then, I saw replay after replay and was sure that it was no goal. There was a distinct kicking motion. Nothing the guys at OLN said or showed told me any different. The score went up and I screamed at the TV. I actually thought that OLN had done something right when they disagreed with the call. It wasn't til later that OLN showed the shot from above, where you could see that after the distinct kicking motion the puck hit his stick before going into the goal, making it legal. They could have saved me a lot of yelling at the screen if they'd just shown the right angle in the first place. Everyone who loves hockey knows that for something like that 9 times out of 10 the best angle is from above the goal... *argh!*

In better news, construction on the master bath did begin today. The whole demo was done today, so they're still on schedule (for now). They'd allowed two days for demo that took less than one.

I also got to talk to Meli today! I hadn't talked to her in ages. I've gotten updates from Tom, but I really missed talking to Melissa! I got a good book recommendation, caught up on things with her, gave her my updates... It was so wonderful to talk to her. I do have to apologize, since I was watching the game at the same time and got distracted from time to time, but I really wanted to talk to Melissa and I didn't want to be in bed super late like I was Monday night with the hockey game and the Yankees game. Of course, once I got off the phone I realized that the Yankees game that's on ESPN is tomorrow night, not tonight's... Oh well, it's still better to get to bed at a more reasonable hour, right?

Here's hoping that the Yankees kill the Red Sox tomorrow and the Oilers make one hell of a comeback starting on Saturday when the Stanley Cup finals move to NBC! I want to be able to enjoy a good 5 games on NBC, not just the two remaining of Carolina can sweep Edmonton. Come on, Edmonton - make it a great series!

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Kat @ 10:09 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| Damned contractors! | What a day to love sports! | What a great hockey game! | Na na na na, na na na na... hey hey hey, goodbye! | Damn Ducks... | Hockey, movie reviews, etc. | I got to talk to Eklund! | Bye-Bye, Ducks! | Duck Season! | Center Theatre Group response... |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com