Me A few thoughts from Kat, a newly single resident of Irvine, CA. I go back to New York at least once a year, but love the weather out here in sunny California.

Friends
Meli
Tom
Holz
Kenny
Amber
Becki
Rowan
Fosters
Kate
DaveHo
Mike & Maureen

Links
Kat Views, my review blog
freakwind.com, Craig's website, following his latest novel
David Burnham, star of The Light in the Piazza tour
Eklund's Hockey Buzz, a must read for hockey fans
Puck Podcast, a great weekly hockey podcast
Playbill.com, theatre news online
IMDb, the Internet Movie Database
Netflix, the best way to rent movies
BookCrossing, a great site for releasing books into the wild.
Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Engagement!!
Before I get into any more details about the Philly/NYC trip, I have to say this...

On Wednesday, David proposed!!! Yup, that's right. David and I are ENGAGED! I know that no one is really surprised by this event, but it's still exciting. The ring is beautiful! A solitaire marquis diamond set in platinum with a knife edge. Apparently, he had planned on asking me to marry him in Philly with James and Becki both around, but James got sick and met up with us in New York instead, so David asked me at Dad's apartment in NYC when we were alone and getting ready to leave one morning. Very sweet!

Everyone is asking if we've set a date yet, so I'll answer that question here, too. No. All we know at this point is that we want a very small wedding in a beautiful location (probably southern California due to the business and David's nieces). There are so many things to discuss now that it's official. I'll keep you all posted. And perhaps one of these days I'll set up the Robbins Brothers engagement/wedding page.

Okay, enough of the engagement talk for now...

It was great to finally meet Rowan and to see Becki and Neale again. Rowan is a doll! It had been so long since I'd seen Becki & Neale. They got to meet David, too, which was great.

New York was (as always) wonderful! Brooklyn (the musical) and I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, and Reckless were all great shows. I was shocked to discover that I Love You... has been there for over 7 years. I can't believe it took me that long to get to it. Definitely need the CD's for Brooklyn and I Love You... Dracula was much improved from the La Jolla premiere. It's amazing what money can do for special effects. The flying effects are out of this world. It may be panned by the critics, but the whole crowd loved it (more than I did, actually). It's still not something I need to own (first Wildhorn musical I haven't wanted to buy on CD), but worth seeing. The Frogs was better than I expected. The jokes were very good and the cast was amazing. The music was just pretty bad overall. It is an old Sondheim show, though, and everyone has bad years, right? Worth seeing for Nathan Lane, Roger Bart, Steve Wilson (who went to Penn State when James and I were there), and the rest of the cast. I'll probably get that CD eventually, too - for the couple good songs and because Steve Wilson is on it. Always cool to know someone on a Broadway CD, even if you didn't know him that well.

I think I've rambled enough for today, so I'll submit this now. Take care and thanks to everyone for the good wishes!

Labels:


Posted by Kat @ 1:38 PM | 0 meows

Post a Comment

:: Past Thoughts ::
| We Leave Tonight!! | Gilmore Girls returns!! | TGIF | Page Turner's Anonymous | Joey? | Labor Day Weekend | David's 30th Birthday Party | More Olympics Chatter | Late Nite Catechism | Olympics Withdrawal? |

:: My History ::
| August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | May 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | January 2008 |

:: Credits ::
Tenderhearts, modified by me
Tenderhearts' blog
Tenderhearts' WebSite
Image
Blogskins
Blogger
Shh-girl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com